RAE Systems MultiRAE Multi-Threat Monitor PGM-6228
RAE Systems MultiRAE is a sophisticated yet easy-to-use gas detector that can monitor up to six gases simultaneously. The MultiRAE gas sniffer features a strong built-in pump to take sample gas levels from remote areas and confined spaces before team entry. The MultiRAE also has optional wireless capabilities enabling it to transmit gas detection data and alerts in real time to a remote command center. The RAE Systems Dedicated Wireless Network is a major improvement on past gas sensor units, enabling faster response time should an emergency arise by alerting safety personnel who are not in the immediate area of gas detection. The remote data feed can also simplify record keeping by auto-logging the pertinent OSHA-required information.
The MultiRAE has over 30 intelligent, interchangeable, and field-replaceable sensors which include the 10.6 eV PID for VOC. Not only is the MultiRAE ergonomic, with its simple user interface and exceptionally large LCD screen readout, but it is also adaptable, offering an array of gas sensor options to meet the challenges of almost any work site.
The MultiRAE is a high-performance monitor wrapped in a very tough shell. The MultiRAE meets the military performance rating of MIL-STD-810F and the industrial IP-65 waterproof rating, so you can be sure it is made with the actual work world in mind, and will continue giving great service in all kinds of conditions. These incredible durability ratings mark the MultiRAE as one of the most rugged personal gas monitors in the industry; it is virtually impervious to dust, dirt and liquids, and can withstand shock, drops, vibration and weather damages.
This model is the non-wireless version. For the wireless-capable model that allows for connection to the RAE Systems Dedicated Wireless Network, please see the PGM-6228-900W.
- Large read-out - with its large LCD screen presenting data clearly and accurately, users can easily monitor the gas levels
- Three emergency alarm modes - As with all RAE System gas monitors, three alerts will engage in the event of an emergency: an 85 dB alarm, flashing red LED lights, and a vibration alert to warn workers in areas with high ambient noise
- Auto-orienting screen - The screen of the MultiRAE will also auto-orient to the direction the worker is holding it so they do not have to try to interpret upside down reading when operating in tight confined spaces
- Great battery life - Finally, the MultiRAE features greatly extended battery life with easy battery installation, because it does not require removal of screws of plates to change batteries – just plug in and begin your gas detecting project
- Over 30 intelligent field replaceable sensors to choose from
- LCD display
- Built in pump
- Wireless option available
- Man Down Alarm
- Wireless remote alarm notification, multi-tone audible alarm, vibration alarm, visible flashing red LEDs
- Operating temperature -4 degrees to 122 degrees F
- IP-65 rating
- CSA, ATEX and IECEx approved
- MIL-STD-810F compliant
- 18 languages available
- Two year warranty on non-consumable components and catalytic LEL, CO, H2S, and O2 sensors
- One year warranty on all other sensors, pump, battery, and other consumable parts
- MultiRAE monitor with sensors, battery, and wireless option as specified, protective rubber boot, filters, swivel belt clip
- Travel charger/PC communications adapter
- PC communications cable
- AC adapter
- Calibration adapter
- Alkaline battery adapter
- Hex tool
- PID sensor cap removal tool
- 3 spare external filters
- 6 inch inlet probe
- Quick start guide
- CD with documentation
- ProRAE Studio II instrument configuration and data management software
- Calibration and test certificate
- Warranty/registration card
- Hard transport case
- Confined Space Kit 1 (CSK1): Remote sample draw kit which includes a 10 inch aluminum sample probe with replacement filters, 3 hydrophobic barrier filters, 10 feet self-coiling Teflon tubing with Luer-style quick connect fitting. Includes a canister of 4-gas calibration mix (34L; 50%LEL, 18%O2, 10 PPM H2S, 50 PPM CO) plus regulator.
- Confined Space Kit 2 (CSK2): Remote sample draw kit which includes 10 inch aluminum sample probe with replacement filters, 3 hydrophobic barrier filters, 10 feet self-coiling Teflon tubing with Luer-style quick connect fitting. Includes a canister of 100PPM isobutylene gas (34L) and regulator.
- Confined Space Kit 3 (CSK3): Remote sample draw kit which includes a 10 inch aluminum sample probe with replacement filters, 3 hydrophobic barrier filters, 10 feet self-coiling Teflon tubing with Luer-style quick connect fitting. Includes a canister of 4-gas calibration mix (34L; 50%LEL, 18%O2, 10 PPM H2S, 50 PPM CO) with regulator, as well as a canister of 100PPM isobutylene gas (34L) with regulator.
- NDIR % Vol combustible sensor must be accompanied by the catalytic %LEL sensor
- ClO2 and H2S sensors cannot be installed in the same instrument
- NO and NH3 sensors cannot be installed in the same instrument
How Often Do I Need To Calibrate My Monitor?
MBB3-A1C112E-020 - O2, LEL, H2S, 10.6eV PID, Pump, Li-Ion Battery
MBB3-A1C112E-02M - O2, LEL, H2S, 10.6eV PID, Pump, Li-Ion Battery, with Accessories / Confined Space and Calibration (4-gas + Iso) Kits
|Product Weight (lbs.)||1.9|
I currently use a 4 gas Honeywell detector and our safety team manager is suggesting I go with a detector that also has a PID sensor. What does a PID sensor test for?1 answer
PID sensors measure a range of volatile organic compounds. This could be methane or isobutylene, lots of gases that can accumulate and put your workers at risk of an explosion.