As a diffusion-only detector it does not feature a built-in pump (like the more versatile Quattro, MicroClip or Extreme XT II detectors). Because it doesn't have a pump, BW is able to make this detector unit incredibly small and have an extended battery life (two years!).
The Clip Extreme alerts you to High/Low levels of Oxygen as well as Short/Long Term Exposure to levels of the gas. If danger is detected there are three simultaneous alarm modes in place:
- Visual Alarm: Three bright, flashing LED warning-lights
- A Sonic Alarm: 95dB warning siren
- A Vibration Alert for noisy work environments
- Built to last in real work environments, they feature a strong, concussion-proof boot to protect it from falls, as well as water/dust resistance
- You can be assured of its fully functioning operation for the duration of its long, long lifespan
- Low maintenance, the Gas Alert Clip Extreme series all feature self-calibration and self-testing on all systems
- The large LCD screen displays battery life remaining and any alarm information
- BW Technologies utilize one button interface across all their devices, making the unit incredibly simple to use
The Clip Extreme series works with the MicroDock II and IR Connectivity Kit for simple data retrieval, analysis and archiving.
- Measuring Range: 0-30.0 percent by vol.
- Low Alarm level: 19.5 percent
- High Alarm Level: 23.5 percent
- No Sensor Replacement
- Self Calibrates
- Weight: 2.7 oz.
- Temperature Range: -4 to +122 degree F / -20 to +50 degree C
- Battery life: 2 years
- Two Years Low-19.5 percent/High-23.5 percent
|Product Weight (lbs.)||0.17|
|Ship Weight (lbs.)||0.5000|
Couldnt be any easier. Review by Paula
Dependable, easy to use. Received quickly. (Posted on 7/1/14)
Works as expected Review by Diane
Received item as described on website. Arrived on time. Works exactly as expected/described. I would purchase again if needed. (Posted on 6/30/14)
EASY Review by Paula C
Great price for a personal monitor. Easy to use. (Posted on 6/3/14)
Great solution for short-term field assignments Review by Mercury Miner
The BW gas alert is a great no-fuss option for contractors that might pick up short-term confined space work where a single-gas detector is compliant. It is also a great detector for hobbyists- as in caving where single-gas monitoring is safe and prudent.
All you have to do it turn it on and press one button one time to set it. Of course, it is always wise to use calibration standards to be sure the device is working properly if it been sitting in a desk drawer for a year. For the money, you can't go wrong with this product. I use them often.
BW has so many options, and all for market-leading prices offered by PK Safety. PK Safety is the BEST!
Mike (Posted on 5/21/14)
Ideal for our immediate needs! Review by Frank P
The GA24XT-X Oxygen meter recently purchased has not seen its first action yet. IT did arrive on time and was activated without difficulty. We will be doing a quick show and tell to any of our staff who may need to use this meter for go/no go situations. The price was right and ease of use makes it ideal for our immediate needs. If this unit proves its worth we will probably be purchasing more of them. Thanks (Posted on 5/1/14)
Good Product! Review by Julie B.
Product has performed as marketed, and a compact size was a plus. (Posted on 4/24/14)
BEST PRICE! Review by Chris G.
Best price available, Works great, nice and compact (Posted on 4/16/14)
SLWETUCP Review by Mr. B
S - mall
L - ight
W - eight
E - asy
T - o
U - se
C - heap
P - rice
Great product, 2 yrs. of no worry monitoring. Shipping took a while. Highly recommend GasSniffer.Com
(Posted on 4/8/14)
Gas Alert Review by The Building Survey Corp.- NYC
Standard equipment for all our crews.
Don't know how we lived without them years ago.
Must have item for anyone working around combustion sources.
love the countdown timer and ever-ready state. (Posted on 3/14/14)
So Easy To Use Anyone Can Operate Review by Peter G.
I am writing to tell you about how much we like these O2 monitors. I run a research lab, staffed by personnel with a wide range of ages and expertise. These O2 monitors are so easy to use and so robust that anyone can operate them with ease. This is an outstanding product. Thanks for making it available to us. (Posted on 2/24/14)
5 Stars, everything we wanted! Review by Christina S.
1) This item arrived on time, which is great for us, because our safety items determine working deadlines.
2) This item had free shipping, which is a plus for me, because we order a lot of chemicals from vendors that charge a lot for shipping.
3) This item came in a perfectly sized box, not a 10x10 box with a lot of packing paper inside for only a small item.
4) This item is the perfect sized monitor, just what we needed.
5) This item is self calibrating, which we love, because it saves us time.
Thank you GasSniffer!
(Posted on 1/31/14)
5 Stars Review by Rita D.
Great product and great service! (Posted on 11/13/13)
Great Tool Review by Al
Easy to operate and clip on. A must have for whenever I go underground now.
No need to ever replace batteries or send back to manufacturer for calibration this device for the duration of it's 2 year window.
(Posted on 8/19/13)
Very Satisfied Customer Review by Jim R.
5 stars because this items meets our needs and is easy to use. The great price along with the free, fast shipping is also great! (Posted on 7/16/13)
The low alarm is set at 19.5% and the high alarm is set at 23.5%. These alarms are not adjustable. For an Oxygen monitor with adjustable alarms please consider the BW Honeywell GasAlert Extreme O2.
Yes. The sensor used in the GasAlert Clip Extreme monitor has a capillary diffusion barrier. You'll find more information on this sensor here.
Unfortunately these batteries are not replaceable. The GasAlert Clip Extreme monitors are what's considered a "disposable monitor" in the industry.
BW makes a single-gas monitor with replaceable batteries and sensor - the GasAlert Extreme for O2 - if you need these capabilities.
The BW GasAlert Clip Extreme has two different sounds for lower and upper limits. Beeping tones are slow for the low level alarm and fast for the upper level alarm.
On the screen the words "High" or "Low" will appear when the alarm is sounding.
- This Item: BW Honeywell GasAlert Clip Extreme Oxygen Monitor (O2) GA24XT-X
- BW Honeywell GasAlert Clip Extreme H2S Monitor GA24XT-H
- BW Honeywell GasAlert Clip Extreme CO Monitor GA24XT-M
Price for all: $297.00